Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 - the year of more Eli books!

2010 was a big year for me - first year as a mom, first year (really) as a published author, first book releases, first lots of stuff. That said, 2011 might be an even bigger year if you can imagine. I've got 3 books out and 2 more to go on the Legend of Eli Monpress series and lots of projects on the back burner just waiting to be poked. That said, I think the most exciting and difficult challenge ahead will be ending Eli's story. I've known the truth of Eli's world and the way his story ends for a long time, and now that I finally get to write it, I'm nervous. This was the little story that could, and I want to make sure the ending lives up to everything that came before it. Trust me, I'm going to be putting in a LOT of work making sure Eli gets the ending he (and you readers) deserve.

But enough looking forward! Let's look back a moment, for lo, we have new reviews!

Andy over at "All Things Andy Gavin" has a nice, short review of The Spirit Thief, which he sums up as "Ethereal fun." Who am I to argue? Also in Spirit Thief news, Travels Through Iest calls it "an extremely promising debut" among other nice things.

(On a side note, I am continuously surprised by the number of people who really like Marion the Librarian. She definitly wins the award for most mentioned side character. If I'd known she was going to be so popular, I would have given her a bigger role. Though the series isn't over yet, so who knows? Maybe she'll come back in book 5?)

And finally, Whatchamacallit Reviews goes above and beyond, reviewing all 3 Eli books currently available! Thanks guys! I'm so glad you liked them!

That's it for the current round up, if I missed any, please let me know!

11 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

I found your books recently after they were mentioned on a podcast (wish I could remember which one but I am afraid I cannot) and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. The narrator of the audio versions did an excellent job.

And I like Marion.

But really, did you have to name her Marion? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that song our your head once it creeps in?

Elfy said...

Thanks for mentioning my review (I'm Travels Through Iest). Marion rocks! I'm currently reading Spirit Rebellion and having a ball with it. I'll let you know when I have the review up.

Fuad Kamal said...

Hi got introduced to your Eli books after it was mentioned in The Instance podcast (they really marketed it quite a bit in their podcast lately, actually). Got the first book on iTunes, and it's great. The audio skips periodically but I have to wonder if that's an iTunes or iPhone issue rather than the actual recording. Nice job, look forward to the rest of the books. What's your connection to Scott Johnson? Got the feeling you guys know each other...

Time Bandit Gal said...

I picked up The Spirit Thief thinking it could be cool and promptly read it and the other 2 sequels as fast as a Demonseed devours a spirit. I also have my husband hooked as well and we can't wait for the fourth book. Your writing is so beautiful and crazy enthralling. I'm so glad something made me grab up The Spirit Thief, because I'm hooked for life. :)

Elfy said...

Hi again! I've read The Spirit Rebellion and The Spirit Eater, loved them both and am eagerly awaiting The Spirit War. I have reviews of all 3 published books up at http://travelsthroughiest.blogspot.com if anyone is interested.

udinzki said...

i fell in love with the book covers when i first laid eyes on them.. and bought all 3 straight out... read 'em and fell in love all over again.

now am counting the days to the release of the fourth book!

Rachel Aaron said...

Wow! So glad everyone liked them! The next two should be out before too too long. Sorry for the wait!

Richard Majece said...

You can always read information about completely free reverse phone lookup with name on https://celltrackingapps.com/is-there-a-truly-free-reverse-phone-number-lookup/. I had such experience so I know what I am talking about

Unknown said...

Look here for some interesting information about spying applications.

Unknown said...

Check out this webpage how to hack on wife whatsapp messsages

Oliver said...

Login Your Fxpesa .Account To Read The Latest News About The Platform.